The Foundation was established in August 1999. In January 2001, the Foundation began taking proposals from Boyd County teachers for implementation of educational initiatives in their classrooms.
In November of 2016, the Foundation was honored by the Kentucky Music Educators Association and received the District 8 Friend of Music Award. The award is given to an individual, organization or corporation whose activities have demonstrated outstanding support for music education. Receiving this award means that the Foundation will now be in the running for the Friend of Music Award at the state level.
- To develop broad-based citizen interest and action to improve the quality of education;
- To promote excellence in education in Boyd County;
- To increase community participation;
- To recognize creative initiative in teachers and to publicize them;
- To provide a mechanism for combining resources of the private sector and of the public schools;
- To increase interaction between the school and the community; and
- To provide financial resources beyond the scope of the district’s budget.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Give generously to the Boyd County Public Schools Foundation for Children, Inc. Your tax-deductible donation will be used to further educational programs and projects for the children of Boyd County Public Schools. No salaries are paid with the funds donated and the Foundation's Board members are volunteers.
- Consider a bequest. Giving through your Will is another way to ensure that future generations of our children benefit from the latest innovations in education. You could specify a percentage or an amount that you would like to go to The Boyd County Public Schools Foundation for Children, Inc.
- Consider a one-time donation, or
- Make a pledge (per paycheck, monthly or annually)
- Give back to the community.
- See their investment used to benefit children.
- Determine that their donations are to be used to benefit children in the Boyd County School System.
- Encourage family members to support the Foundation.
- Receive significant tax deductions for contributions given.